View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 08:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question For Beth or Others Who've had Pec Minor Release?

Hi, This question is for Beth since I know you had a Pec Minor release a awhile back but I'd love to hear from anyone who has any input on this topic. Beth, can you tell me whether you got any relief from the Pec minor release above and beyonod the rib resection, and if so, specifically what symptoms it imrpoved? has the improvement been longterm? I rememember that your incision site got infected but other than that what was the recovery like - were you able to use your arm/hand fairly soon after the procedure? Did you have the procedure done on both sides?

Sorry for the thousand questions - it's just that i thought i was just about done w/ surgeries and all that, and then Dr. Sanders (who did my TOS surgeries in 2004) called a few months ago and told me he has started doing the Pec minor Release procedure,and that i might be a good candidate since i didn't get much pain relief from the TOs decompression surgery. I really didn't seriously consider it at first, for a variety of reasons - 1) the symptoms he described it helping didn't seem to really match the places where i still have pain, and 2) not sure i really want to go through more surgery again !! So in a nutshell, if there's any info you can share about your Pec Minor procedures, I'd be very grateful. It's so hard to know what to do sometimes, isn't it?

Many thx & hugs,
nolina
Nolina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote