View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 09:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default imark,

Quote:
Originally Posted by imark3000 View Post
I agree, that is if you take too much mucuna you may have side effects due to its presence outside the brain but these side effects do not include dyskinesia. I believe.
I've been using mucuna since mid '05 , both w/ sinemet and without. sometimes with just carbidopa (lodosyn) and I have - and still do - experienced what i call dyskinesia as a result. It manifests during both the 'on'' period - 1st 30 miin or so after taking it - and when it begins to ''wear off' about an hour or more. What i'm calling dyskinesia is initially a sudden involuntary muscular walking up on my toes. Then an outward stretching out of my left leg and foot, followed by a twisting - writhing action of the ankle - then more toe walking, etc and I'm 'on'. There is some sort of blockage in my left leg that seems to be the reason for these strange movements... and it must be getting worse wiith time, as this so--called dyskinesia diddn't happpen early on. Read MJF's description of what he experienced after taking l-dopa. The off dysk is worse, painful left ankle twisting, can't walk - have to go lie down.

Maybe those w/out such a block don't expperience this ''resistance" effect? One more reason for white rats to cage in clusters, yes, learning from each other!

Hard to talk about such things, when we don't really know what means what!

ibby
Ibken is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote