View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSacorn View Post
Should I stop other meds before starting LDN? Are they compatible?

I read somewhere, if you're on an interferon you should stop it first, but what about a chemo med (Imuran)?

How about those for sx relief, such as Baclofen?

Any guidance or others experiences are most welcome and appreciated/

's
As I mentioned previously, until the trial results are announced, they don't know for sure IF the interferons contradict LDN. Up until recently, it was Dr B's thoughts that they might cancel each other out in some way . . . but I do know of some people who found relief from LDN even while on the interferons.

As far as Imuran, I'd ask Skip. I know that people were allowed to continue with LDN in the Tysabri trials . . . but of course that is a whole different drug then Imuran.

Are you on an interferon? Does it not seem to be working for you? Have you considered Copaxone (with LDN) instead?

You can use LDN with any other symptom management drug (except Codeine and Narcotics), but most people I've talked to have found they can drop several of those meds once they start feeling better from the LDN. I dropped antidepressants after starting on LDN, but I still waited about a year to try it and I went through a long and difficult withdrawal from them. I don't take anything but the LDN now (and Naproxen, occasionally).

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
MSacorn (07-23-2008), Twinkletoes (07-23-2008)