View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

For large ones we remove the center soft/spongy seed area and use as normal.
I'd only peel it if the skin is scarred or dirty.

We like a microwaved dish,
I kind of made it up but I suppose there's a recipe like it somewhere..
this is a very loose recipe - amounts are to preference and size of serving wanted.

Have a microwaveable casserole dish - add a bit of butter or oil as you prefer

Cube some potatoes { peeled or not peeled } can be larger cubes or smaller as preferred as long as they are close to same sizes for cooking time. toss into dish
dice up onion - amount to your preference. add to dish

cover with wax paper and cook on high til potatoes are nearly tender - depending on amount of potatoes - 5-7 minutes - check and stir gently, cook a bit longer if needed.

while potatoes are cooking -
cube up zucchini similar size as potatoes add them just before potatoes are completely tender and stir gently { salt & pepper to taste at this time}
microwave a few minutes more til zucchini and potatoes are tender.

while potatoes and Zucchini are finishing crack some eggs in a bowl and stir them up { as many or as few as you like}

when potatoes and Zucchini are tender pour the egg mixture over them and stir gently
the hot potatoes and Zucchini will begin the eggs cooking and then you return to microwave and finish cooking til eggs are set up and cooked or nearly so since the retained heat will finish it the rest of the way.

I can't really give specific on cooking times since microwaves and bowl/serving sizes all affect the time needed.
But it's pretty easy to tell by the tenderness of the potatoes and if the final cooking makes the eggs puff up a bit.

Last edited by Jomar; 07-23-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Jomar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JustWeave (07-23-2008)