View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 04:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

They did, to a certain degree, however I kept telling them that I could FEEL the procedure and they kept on going........AUGH! I've had IV IG in the past and it was wonderful, so I couldn't understand why I wasn't getting it this time. MY neck is still sore as heck, but I'm getting out of here on Friday, so I'm really grateful! I think the worst part for me was the element of surprise involved . . Now I know my hubby loves me and my doctor was just trying to not freak me out, but it was really scary when I got here and was told they were going through my jugular - worst fear ever!!!!!!!!!THank you for all the information - I really appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUMBY View Post
Did they numb you first?????? Are you still in the hospital? Can you try to stick it out, it may be of great help to you.
If you are still in the hospital and the vas cath hurts you tell the staff. I can't tell from your post if it hurt placing it or if still in, does it hurt you? I hope to God if it was when they placed it, they gave you a local. Try to calm yourself, the stress isn't good for the M.G. I know it is hard. Have a nurse in the pheresis unit maybe go over everything with you. I hope you are doing better now. This is not easy. PS did a resident place the cath. I learned the hard way, have the interventional rad. place it. If the catheter is still in and it hurts, tell the staff.
erinhermes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote