View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 04:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Israpidine in Parkinson useful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanb View Post
I took my mom to an appointment with her cardiologist today. I mentioned calcium channel blockers/Isradipine & PD to him. He hadn’t heard about the PD connection – and I hadn’t expected that, BUT he did tell me that calcium channel blockers are very safe medicines. And he wished me good luck.

ALSO – I truly believe this is working for me. Here is why:

1. I have 95% less neuropathic pain (only an occasional ‘zinger’ to my foot)
2. I now have the use of my bad hand (left) for typing – nearly every day now for part of the day – as opposed to having only the use of 1 finger while typing. The past few days I have been using all of my fingers on that hand while typing. Not all the time, but during some part of the day. And that hasn't happened for a very long time.
3. My neurologist says she thinks I am better than I was last time she saw me
4. The friend I walk with thinks I walk better now

(And if this is the placebo effect, I don't care , I just want it to keep on working!)

Good luck to all!
Jeanb, are you still taking israpidine for Parkinson's and is it working OK? I noted that you started taking it in 2006. My husband's neurologist will not give it to him because he says it has only been used on mice. My husband takes Altace 10 mg now for bp. Why couldn't he switch to Israpidine?
Dilou
Dilou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote