View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 09:48 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default What we have here is a system out of control

The problem is in the control systems of the immune response and the stress response and the complexity is mind numbing. So much so that I am convinced that the only factor with any chance to heal the body is the body itself. How to encourage this is the puzzle. There is some reason to think that the botanicals classified as adaptogens (ashwagandha, ginseng, etc) may offer aid. Change of lifestyle to lower stress and boost nutrition and exercise definitely. Self-hypnosis. Tai chi. Reiki. All need testing.

Some time back I wound up a white rat report on my positive experience with ginseng that had produced some noticeable improvement. Since then I have become aware of another variable that I had sort of forgotten or even dismissed. During the last three months or so of that six month period I had occasionally used a self-hypnosis disc I had made for myself. The suggestion was simple, along the lines of "Your body has the power to heal the damage of Parkinson's. You will use that power now and in the coming weeks to repair that damage." or something similar.

What are the limits of such an approach? Obviously we don't know. But the more I think about it, though, the more I picture my healing systems as a powerful giant that is literal to the point of self-harm and that just might listen to its conscious brother. I've restarted the experiment and will report backin six months.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote