View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 11:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Pressure in my head

Hi,
I was doing my usual google search for anyone who experiences seizure like episodes like mine when I came accross your post.
I registered with this form in hopes that I can communicate with you about your symptoms. I’ve been searching the internet and have visited countless doctors trying to get a diagnosis for my seizure like episodes.

Mine started in May 2006. I was bent over getting something out of my car and came up short hitting my head on the roof of my car. I felt an intense electrical yet numbing sensation in my neck (not unlike hitting ones funny bone) then the pain was gone and quickly as it had appeared (once again like the funny bone). I didn’t think too much more about it until that night. I bent over to pick something up off the floor and got tunnel vision and felt like I was going to pass out. This was the first of hundreds of episodes for me.

My episodes are like yours in the since that I feel the pressure in my head (the area right behind my left ear and down into my neck). I get cloudy minded. I can’t think straight. My movements become very labored, my speech is slurred and at times I can’t move at all. I am aware of what is happening around me but at the same time I can not appropriately respond. My mind is in a fog.

I know when my episodes are going to happen. I get a strange feeling that is hard to explain. I get a heaviness in my chest and get a blank stare and I just have to wait it out. My episodes usually only last a few minutes then I am a little tongue tied for a short time but basically back to my right mind. I also experience the cold and numb hands

I would like to know more about your exact symptoms when your episodes are happening to see if we might be experiencing similar episodes.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon.
Joanna Jolie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote