View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 07:39 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default My only question is what did the.....

spinal tap tests say? I came up negative on the blood work & MRI's and positive on all the nerve conduction tests. The swing vote was the presence of anti-bodies in the serum from the spinal tests.

If you get deep into your insuance plans policies & procedures you CAN access the approved tests and treatments for neuropathies. I've found that my plan and several others consider nerve biopsies a very last resort for neuropathy dianoses.

I experienced one neuro who wanted to do a biopsy. I'd refused, as I felt I'd met a sort of 9 out of 10 rule. In that I'd met all criteria but that of a biopsy. I'd get copies of all the tests and any other reports and work them into LizaJane's reports. I would bet that there are some things there that will/should point to that extra step for the biopsy. To do such procedures, docs really have to jump thru hoops for justification - If I were you, I'd be interested in seeing what all those hoops are.

I hope BobB[Nide44] comes along soon to talk about his biopsy experiences. I am also very glad that you had the punch biopsy rather than the seural one Kmeb had.

In the meantime, I wish that you have at least one pain-free moment today! -j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote