View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by who moi View Post
I do want to say this though. If one is into upgrades and such, MACS are hard as heckit to upgrade (internal upgrades) cause they rather you buy a new one. But their puters are so advanced that it is usually two generations ahead of PC(well, maybe just ONE generation now)
*handing mwa his ritalin and a glass of water*

Take it, now! And no cheeking it!

WHOT????? I don't know what tree your Apple fell off of, but my 7 Macs (starting with that whopper 64k hard drive that cost more in '86 than this here MacBook) have always practically upgraded themselves! Every week it goes on a little hunt and tells me it wants to be fed new, good stuff.

As far as RAM, it is true that their pre-installed prices are off the charts but it's so easy to do oneself, it's just dumb not to. Example: I'm running a MacBook with RAM maxed out. If I had paid the Apple price for it installed, it would have cost me 5 bills. So, for 2 bills, I bought the same brand of RAM chips and invested two sheets of paper and the ink to print the Apple website's tutorial, and 20 minutes with my fumbling fingers later, done. This act of contempt did not interfere with my warranty (as if I need one) in any way.

I'm half looking at the next great adventure myself, it's a toss-up between the new MacBook and a little jaunt in an easterly direction. We'll see!

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote