View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

It was in the 90s and humid here yesterday and so last night was still warm and muggy

Our doorbell rang almost every minute between 6.30pm (when the lil ones in adorable costumes with cute pumpkin buckets started to come round ) through till 9pm when the big highschool dudes wearing the scary masks and with sacks arrived )
We live real close to all 3 schools, elem, middle and high, and so have surrounding neighborhoods filled with kids.

This year I did two big tubs of treats (300+)........one with the candies and snack packs of cookies etc and the other with little snack bags of salty stuff...chex mix, cheese its etc.........my son had scorned the idea of salty stuff as treats saying everyone only wants sweet stuff....well, he was wrong as the kids were clearly delighted by the salties... I allowed a sweet and a salty each.

We must've had close to 300 kids I guess cuz there is no salty stuff left and just a couple of tootsie roll pops in the sweet tub

My dog (a small JR terrier) hates haloween as I have to crate her till its over. She is very friendly and loves kids, but also barks like a rotweiler every time the doorbell rings and rushes out to greet people. Some kids can get scared by that so she had to be out back crated. Still sounded like the Hound of the Baskervilles at each and every doorbell ring tho
The cats take up residence in the little storage room under the stairwell till it is all over!

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote