View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 10:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Garsh!!! I can't believe how this year has gone past so quickly!

Congratulations to Al and Peg!! New carpet is an awesome gift... one that you can enjoy everyday!

On a negative note: I glutened everyone yesterday. I found some gf/cf soy cheese in the grocery store and didn't realize until later that it has 'food starch' in it.

What made me realize this? I know everyone is wondering...

Well, in our usually non-gassy family (since being gf), a toot is a pretty rare and yes... funny... and quite a big deal.

So yesterday, dd (our 'non-reactor'), announced that she had tooted FIVE time since lunch. Subsequently, and on into the late evening, she would regale us with toots and allow us the pleasure of knowing exactly,the current number of 'toots' achieved. Every time she did another, the number she counted would be louder and followed by even more hysterical laughter. Last count before laughing herself to sleep was 22!! (between 2 and 9 pm)

This is not the way to get 6 and 8-year old children to stay away from gluten.

Other than that, I too, picked up some odd cold. Although I'm kind of wondering if it's really the 'oregano tea' experiment that I did, going awry. I didn't supp. my probiotics and I think that was a pretty big mistake.

Quote:
Also, I have had to go back and edit my last post because I have subsequently found out that I did not gluten the family. The cheese package does say 'gluten free' right on it. I had to go and look again because I've not had any behaviour problems with the children (esp. ds who goes quite obviously freakazoid)... and that's our number one indicator of a glutening. I was quite puzzled about this... and actually quite worried because I think it would be hard to keep them gf if they didn't have any negative symptoms that came with it.

So, I'm thinking it's the soy that caused all that gas. We don't generally eat beans in our house.
The baby turns a year at the end of this month. This last month, he has taken his first steps and is almost continuously clapping, waving, popping kisses and dancing (bops up and down whilst holding the furniture).
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)

Last edited by KimS; 11-02-2006 at 07:26 AM.
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote