Thread: Lexapro
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 11:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Anti'd's are very expensive. I'm on effexor. I think those were $300 when I was paying for them. Thankfully my boss got us rx coverage and I now pay $40. There is no generic, so I have to pay for the brand name copay.

Many anti-d's, as I posted to you below, serve both purposes - to stabilize mood, and help with pain. Even if you had NO highs and lows with mood before, chances are you may get it with the pain. It's very common that people with chronic pain go on to suffer from depression because of them being unable to "have the life they used to have" prior to the pain. They eventually start to feel they are a "shell of who they were" before. Less of a person, etc. Your biggest thing, IMO, will be your support system at home. I am lucky to still be working, though I don't know how much longr this will last. I can barely keep up now, and go home i more pai than I came in with. It's just gettig worse evry day, too. So when ppl lose teir career, their financial independence, their friends (cuz they stop asking you to do things cuz you've said no cuz of the pain too many times, or htey get tired of listening ot you talk abotu the pain), and you also lose your marriage or your relationship....yeah, it brings on depression. I'm lucky as it hasn't grabbed hold o fme yet....but I take effexor. Helps for the pain.

I've decided I AM spreading. My right hand has always been my worst hand...but now my left is MUCH worse. It's full blown rsd now. Used to just be "bothersome" but now it's painful. I hate this disease....

Hugs
Lisa
LisaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote