View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 11:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks

Thanks for all the kind words.

I have always been able to talk in public about the things I know about professionally but have been reluctant on talking about personal things. In February I went back to Nebraska to meet an old classmate and met a friend of hers who had recently been engaged to a man living within 50 miles of where I live. My friend came back with me to experience the Alaska winter and to attend the wedding of this friend. I became good friends of this couple and within three months of marriage he was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Three weeks ago she invited me out for Sunday dinner, along with many of their friends. I had been fortunate in not having to experience death up close. I was scared to go for fear of not knowing what to say or do but went anyway, What a blessing it was. Talk was easy and we all had a great time. He was not expected to make it through last week but is hanging in there although mostly unconscious. What I am attempting to say is I feel I can now talk much easier about my feelings so you may have to shut me up if I go overboard!!
DaleD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote