View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 03:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzie lizzy View Post
Yes to about 75% but they are all the same symptoms that are associated with everything they have yet to rule out. I am SUPER needle phobic so I am reluctant to look at MCS until other less invasive tests have been done and ruled out.

The weirdest symptom I've had so far happened last night. Every time I laid down I smelled this strong pungent smell (like saurkraut that had gone bad). It was bad enough that I had to get up to throw up. It went away when I sat up or stood up so I slept sitting up. My temperature was 99.2 (my norm is 98.4) at the time. I sweated suddenly this morning and my temp went down to 98.6. I also had crazy dreams, felt like the mattress was being moved but nobody was there, and when I opened my eyes to see if my BF was getting into bed I saw a weird fireworks like things spewing from the air conditioners (which I could tell were not real even though I was definitely seeing them).

I found and started 1000mcg of methylcobalamin so hopefully some of the weirder things will resolve soon. sigh....
I copied and pasted this......
A doctor makes the diagnosis of multiple chemical sensitivity based on the symptoms. The diagnosis is supported if the symptoms recur after repeated exposure to the chemical substance; recur after exposure to levels much lower than those that have been tolerated previously or that are commonly tolerated by others; subside when the person leaves the offending environment; and develop in response to a wide variety of unrelated chemical substances.

A blood test may be performed to measure red and white blood cell counts and antibody levels but is of no proven value and to rule out a true allergy.

My testing was done this way, I did some blood allergy testing because I asked for it to be done.
So don't worry about any needles, you don't have to do the blood work.

Also early in MCS you scent of smell is heighten, I was able to smell all kinds of things and others couldn't (my family though I was going crazy). I still go crazy over smelling things and one one else can smell it.

I don't know if this is the same as what your talking about but I have a feeling like I'm floating or that the bed is floating a lot when I lay down and close my eyes.

~~~~LOL, to show you how well I can smell things. My son put a empty bottle of mouth wash, no cap on the bottle (Tom's of Main Cinnamint) in a zip lock bag, sealed it and brought it into the office just now, and I could smell it before he even got all the way over to me.

DX with Fibromyalgia, 1998
DX with MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity), June 2008
DX with Food Allergies, wheat, sesame, fresh pineapple

Last edited by momXseven; 07-25-2008 at 03:55 PM. Reason: added more
momXseven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote