View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 06:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

i've had some good success with the program and many others have too. It's not about "curing" the TOS. It's about changing your life to minimize it. It's intended to be a program that you build; Peter doesn't start you with all the exercises on the first session. And you have to make a committment to adhere to what you can do w/o pain. And then it's a program that a person would do to maintain themselves just as anyone needs to maintain habits like exercise to live a healthy life. My understanding is that each person needs to find a recipe that works for them. Peter recommende things like Feldenkreis, water exercises, etc. depending on each person's case to go along with his program. I found that those of us that did Feldenkries and those of us that did AiChi or similar water therapies or Qigong had the most dramatic results. I think you'd have to look at similar cases to yours if you are looking into success rates. And also how diligent and attentive people are to their routine and their bodies.

In my case I have some congental spinal stenosis, previous injuries and surgeries and also have a good deal of vascular compression too so I don't think you should base your possibility of a "cure" on me.

So yes, as Jo requested, let us know your situation and perhaps people can chime in with thoughts. But just like someone with a chronic condition like asthma, I think one has to have the attitude of managing a lifelong condition while being open a reduction of symptoms that would allow you to live an as-if cured life where you'd continue to pay attention to your body, your breath, your posture, your ergonomics, your conditioning... once you complete your PT program.
fern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (07-25-2008), richard d (08-19-2008), thursday (07-28-2008)