View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 06:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sounds like restless leg syndrome. Are you taking anything for it? Have you told your doctor and if not why? You will sleep. Your body and brain can only go for so long before it will go to sleep. Whether you know it or not you have probably been getting some sleep and have not been realizing it. Couple minutes here and there. It happens when you are exhausted and stressed.

When I got clean and sober it took two years before I came even close to having a decent nights sleep. I still need help and suffer from insomnia. I took seroquel for sleep too but found that it did little and caused tiredness and moodiness the next day. Now I use Ambien CR which works best for me and doesn't give me that sleep aid hangover the next day. Not for everybody though. It takes approximately 2 years for your body and brain to get back to anything even resembling it's predrug abuse form so you may have a while.

If you don't mind my asking why do your legs hurt? Does it have anything to do with your pain med addiction? sorry, not trying to be nosy, just trying to understand.

A calming routine every night is a great way to go whether or not you have to do the same dang thing for a year and you still don't sleep good. That way your body and brain say, hey, it must be time to shut down to go to sleep. They'll catch on.

I hope you get some relief soon. I know how awful it is to lose out on sleep. I have been missing out for almost 9 years lol.