View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 12:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Grin harley up close and personal: the real woman

A beautiful and talented woman who keeps a lovely country home, keepsakes and handcrafts in just the right quantity to offer a cozy welcome, she greeted me with a hug, as old friends do, at our first meeting in the 10 years we've known each other. We "raced" downstairs to her piano so I could hear the talent pour out...poems were thrust into my hands...outside the flowers were bright, our husbands talked--a military connection discovered--and we spirited Laura Jean away to Marcie and Tom's and a most hospitable dinner, away for these hours from the turmoil she has described here. We talked and talked--all of us with everyone else--four PWPs and a PD Partner sharing our struggles and our hopes. We women did some journaling and sharing of our writings while the men traded financial knowledge and the wisdom of life experience. "Harley" is sweeter than I expected, more trusting and vulnerable--but I saw her with my eyes that see through walls and briars. Yes, I am blunt with those I trust, but I can be gracious, too, and I hope I conveyed my delight with everyone present and with the hospitality we enjoyed.

But wait, Laura, you wanted the story of my reclaiming, so I need to explain the trip a bit. My beloved and I set out from the east coast of the US four weeks ago for Oregon, to look at areas we might want to live when the time arrives for him to retire. I have been retired since the end of 2001. I don't want to be too specific here about the particulars. We will be at home tomorrow, which is our wedding anniversary, after travelling 6000 miles in our Honda Element.

Before I tell my journey's tale, I must get a night's sleep, and I may not be able to get on line for a day or so, but I'll be back.

Jaye
Jaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chasmo (07-26-2008), lou_lou (07-26-2008)