View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 10:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Attention Help Need Help Understanding Patient Rights/Confidentiality

Hi

Does my Mother have the right to call and speak to my Doctors? She's not listed as my emergency contact. I don't have my health care proxy signed as of yet.

Is this possible? Is it legal? Is it ethical?

I just got off the phone with one of my closest friends. Soon after I left my mothers to move back home with my husband, she called her and left a voicemail.

Stated that I HAD been wandering during those two weeks and needed assistance getting back home. Claimed that I was hearing evil voices, et al. She'd even claimed that I was borrowing money from friends and stealing things. All kinds of fabrications! She really laid in on thick to my friend.

{Really, last summer I was hearing noises and phrases on the tv--like the queen has heart problems, stood out, and bumps and some clangs--not alot, but that was before realizing I had MS---Last summer I was post-pathum and fatigued, in a flare}

She stated that she had spoken with my neuro and had him concerned as well. She stated that the next visit to my father, they'd had a place all lined up for me.

Is this possible? For her to have spoken with my neuro? Or anyone else in the medical community?

If true, I'm appalled! Actually, I'm appalled to find this all out! My paranoia was feeling like she and her dh were looking to get me committed and take my kids from me. THAT"S the extent of my 'Paranoid Delusions" And guess what? It was really being planned....guess I wasn't paranoid after all!!!

See, my mother is the type of woman, that to the outside world, she's perfect, she's sweet! She's soo nice and helpful! Always being told how they should make her a saint!

I confronted her about this. She denied, told me it was all my father's doing, she was just concerned because I left(to come home to my husband as an adult decision) and she didn't know where I was. She claims I cannot take care of myself. Which couldnt be further from the truth.

I've been such a people-pleaser all my life. Typical perfectionist who has issues with procrastination. Yes, I'm prone to verbally express my anger...I'm sure some of you have read some 'angry' posts over time!

I'm looking forward to dealing with a therapist and get my side of my story recorded and documented!

My neuro can't carry on a conversation with her about me, can he??? There goes my feelings of trust!!!

I'm so hurt....

GladysD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote