Thread: Dream vacation
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Wow! What a thrilling tour that is! Lots of pics and do keep a journal of your adventures, you'll love yourself later for it.

As far as cruises and packing, seriously consider whether it's a priority to stay in your assigned dining rotation. There are plenty of eating opportunities that don't require the dress code, thus, less to pack. If you want to dine the upscale experiences. I highly recommend one skirt or pair of very nice black slacks and fill in with the tops. Limit your urges on the shoes, they will use all your space and it's almost inevitable, one pair will become your staples and the rest will just sit.

Pack for all weather contingencies by using packable rain gear and lightweight layers. Polar fleece is bulky to pack. Air vacuum bags may be helpful to compress but be sure to get the ones you can sit on instead of having to hunt down a housekeeper with a vac.

Bring a collapsable travel bag, you'll need it.

Have souvenirs shipped straight home rather than try to carry them around and leave in your cabin to later try and jam them in the bags. Olive oil is not a good, packable souvenir!

Please do not wear a fanny-pack! Three of my friends, all on separate trips in different countries have had a local thief walk right into their group, casually cut the fanny pack belt and nonchalantly stroll away. They didn't even run!

If you wear a backpack, get one with a sternum strap and use it. Keep your docs and currency close to your skin.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote