View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 12:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for sharing this beautiful story. It brought tears to my eyes also.

A long time ago in college I was involved in a project called Christmas in April. We went one day in April and helped on a lady's house that wasn't but ten miles from the beautiful college and campus I attended in VA.

This was a poor, older, African American woman. No running water in her house, no steps to get in or out of her house, she had to haul water back and forth from a well a ways down from her home.

We went in and cleaned, painted, put up dry wall, fixed the roof, did the yard, made some steps and such all in one day. After everyone went to a local church for a fabulous homemade southern dinner.

That was one of the best days of my life. That woman was so appreciative of everything we did and I learned to be more appreciative of what I had. I was amazed that in 1992 there was someone living not far from me who had to live in conditions like that. It opened my eyes.

That day was truly a blessing to both that woman and to me. It sounds like you encountered such angels in your life also.

God works in mysterious ways.

Blessings,
Weeble
weeble37 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
weegot5kiz (07-26-2008)