View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 12:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

That is a wonderful story and such a special event.

My brother and sister are both serving in the Army and are both in Iraq at the moment. My brother's unit has lost several men within the last 4 weeks or so.

The stories I see and read are heart-wrenching. Our wounded warriors will never get enough money to replace the lost of a limb(s) and other injuries.

A few years back I took a bus trip/tour to D.C. with a bunch of other strangers from my area. One of our stops was the WWII memorial which had only been completed for about a year or two at that time.

One of the men who was traveling with his wife took many pictures there. I noticed that he was wearing something to indicate that he was a veteran. I struck up a conversation with him and he was indeed a WWII veteran. This man and his lovely wife were at least in their 70s if not a little older.

I was so pleased to get to know them and I thanked him for his service. My grandfathers served in WWII and both are gone now. So many of those vets from that war are gone now. A lost generation.

Anyway, he was so happy to be acknowledged for his service for this country. I made sure everyone on the bus knew about our special passenger when we boarded again. He was one of the special parts of that trip.

Thank you for sharing your story,
Weeble
weeble37 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote