View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 01:06 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junie View Post
Being a ex nurse and on both sides I can say with fact that your privacy rights were violated and that Dr needs to be reported to The health Dept board unless you gave him the right to speak to your mom, or she has power of attorney over your health care!! They are not even allowed to leave a message on your voice mail/machine without your written consent! Trust me I know this for a fact unless the rule is different from state to state which I highly doubt! I am so sorry to hear that yet another bad NS is out in the world practicing with this type of behavior!! Stick it to him, get mad, you have more then every right! I think its called Heppa in this state (TN) and I must sign one each time I see anyone in medical field! They are toast if they violate mine!
Do you mean HIPAA? (The Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
weegot5kiz (07-27-2008)