View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb02 View Post
Sally, I am confused. It happens alot. Does LDN boost your immune system. I have been told to avoid vitamins that do so. Doesn't copaxone suppress your immune system? And yet, you can take LDN with copaxone. Is the LDN organization recommending it for those with RR ms or just more progressive cases?

I am also wondering if anyone has found out anything more about whether or not LDN and immuran are incompatible.

My neuro has told me that LDN is just providing a placebo effect. Of course, he is the one that does not want to prescribe anti depressants or stimulants either.
It's an opioid antagonist (a drug that neutralizes or counteracts the effects of another drug) I havent been able to find anything that says it boosts the immune system.

So, I guess for some reason, in the low dose, the receptor that the LDN works on, must have some problem...recepting...when the person has MS, and the LDN must somehow make it more...receptive...

I have no idea if I'm right about this, but maybe the MS makes our bodies either not produce enough of a chemical, or makes too much, or makes certain receptors in our bodies not work right...and the LDN either increases or decreases the chemical, or it makes the receptors of the chemical work better.. I dont know.... but something about the LDN helps some people with MS. Why it helps some people and not others, I dont know.

I'm going to ask my neuro about LDN next week when I see him...hopefully he wont refuse outright to give me LDN...and hopefully I'll be one of those people who can be helped by the LDN.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (07-26-2008), Twinkletoes (07-26-2008)