View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 06:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi NHP17!! Welcome to Neurotalk!!!
Please do not give up!! You WILL get thru this!
I do remember my withdrawl from alcohol.....I took 3 weeks to get to the point where I could sit at my own table and have a tea. During that time my mind went crazy....my body, I thought, would not survive. My stomach killed me. My cravings were tremendous. My legs went from crawling the sheets to spasms. I really wondered if I would ever get thru it. I too could not sleep. I laid there numb at times but most of the times I just plain suffered. It is NOT easy and I am so sorry that you are going thru it. This is likely one of the most difficult things you will go thru in your life....you CAN do this. A minute at a time if need be. It IS worth every bit of the incredible discomfort that you are experiencing...
You will not regret it.
I have came from my own personal h*ll and now my life is wonderful! It is far from perfect but I would never go back to where I was. (I sure would not want to go thru withdrawl again!!)
Life IS beautiful and you will get there. You will be OK and you will reap the benefits of being clean...you will..just hang in there!!
I really like the effect of melatonin as Mel suggested. If it does not work right away do not stop taking it....it will help your body develop a sleep cycle..or it should. Give it a try! It is not expensive.
Next thing you know you will be wking up from a good sleep and sitting at YOUR table hving a nice tea!!!
All the best to you,NHP17!! I will say a prayer for you!!

LOVE DORRIE!!