View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 08:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Momma's been thinking again...

I know many of you have seen posts regarding my grandmother, her Bday is in Sept and she will be 100. I have even written something to say at her Bday, not sure I will but at least its done.

I often wonder how a mother can die at age 61, her brother age 62 and another brother 71. Yet the mother is 100 years old. All these children died from cancer, except one. He was killed in an auto accident with a drunk driver, his BIL pulled in front of a car.

In my years of working with kids, I've often had to explain why some people die, (we had a first grader killed) and others live to be in their 90+ years. I don't have the answer, but the best I could come up with: Maybe God loves them more than people here and misses them so much he calls them home, or maybe their life here was so hard, He's giving them rest. Maybe He leaves the ones we learn from here longer hoping we will follow their example.

I always told my kids that its like trees in spring, new leaves come on, but the old ones have to die first...maybe an older person had to die to bring in a new baby....they liked that idea for some reason.

Now, in all that rambling is this: When we are given a diagnosis of MS, it is not a death sentence. Yes, it is life altering, you will not always be able to do as much or the same things you once enjoyed. Get over it...move on or you will be the most miserable person you know. Having MS doesn't mean you will be in some type mobile aid with wheels immediately...so put it somewhere in one of the rooms in your brain and shut the door. I was dx in 2001, I am now 55 years old and I can still walk most days. I have tremendous amouts of pain 24 hours a day everyday...I still get out of bed and try to do...it takes a heck of a lot longer...but it beats giving up.

You think you can't do it, you think you have it worse...cancer is worse, Parkinson's is worse, ALS is worse, dying is worse! You think because you're having a bad day its ok to let life pass you by! You are very much mistaken, life ain't gonna wait on you to get over your pity party...which you are only entitled to for two days. Yep, Momma's rule is two days! Then haul your sorry butt outta that bed and find something to cheer you up, look in the mirror...find your best feature, put on makeup...sit outside and watch nature.

Just get that butt outta bed, watch a movie...when you lie in that bed for days on end...you are giving up...you might not realize that is what is going on, but that is what is happening. I know, you are gonna tell me that depression is not easy, I don't understand...Bull!! I understand, I have depression caused from the MS, not because I have MS. I have watched my GS play and listened to his laughter through tears that could not be explained.
I have watched a comedy through tears...I have posted this through tears. So, please don't tell me I don't understand...I take ADs, so don't tell me to do that either.

Sometimes the depression gets worse than at others...still, you can't give up, you have to keep going or you will lose the joy in your life. I know your next thing is about the pain...don't even go there!! I take 30mg Vicodin a day and still have pain, its tolerable, but it still lets you know its there! I still play video games with my GS. I still sew for a few minutes a day or take time to write a letter, which is more than painful...I still take time to type a post when I have the time...it just takes me longer. All those backspaces. lol

Having a chronic illness does not mean giving up your life...enjoy your life. I know there are days that it is impossible, but then what about the days you could, and you just refuse and don't? I have those days when I can't get out of bed, no matter what I do or how hard I try. My brain tells me...lets get that room cleaned out, my body says, watch fool we ain't doing nothing!!

Yes, I'm sounding preachy...and I mean for you to get off your butt when you can and do something besides waste the life the good Lord gave you!!
Volunteer at a school or nursing home to read...visit people in the hospital, carry a few chosen flowers from your garden or buy sale items from the florist. How long does it take to put a smile on someone's face?

BTW...for those who are interested send me your address...I like to send little cards sometimes. PM me, your address.

But get out, live your life...do not just let MS take over your life, it ain't worth it!! There are people out there YOU can be an inspiration, YOU can put a smile on thier face, YOUR'S maybe the only smiling face they see!!

Now don't make me tell ya twice...and Momma loves ya, after all you are all my lil special darlins...

Now go live, try to be happy and tell MS to take a hike today...you're going to the beach!!

Last edited by Momma's Kids; 07-27-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Momma's Kids is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
braingonebad (08-06-2008), CayoKay (07-27-2008), dmplaura (07-27-2008), Doody (08-13-2008), FinLady (07-27-2008), FlyFishin Momma (08-13-2008), houghchrst (07-27-2008), Ivy2 (07-27-2008), Jodylee (07-27-2008), Kitty (07-27-2008), Koala77 (08-13-2008), MelodyL (07-27-2008), snoozie (07-27-2008), sugarboo (07-28-2008), Twinkletoes (07-27-2008), TwoKidsTwoCats (07-27-2008), Vowel Lady (07-27-2008), weegot5kiz (07-27-2008), who moi (07-27-2008)