View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 02:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks, Dianne!

I think I remember you? Were'nt you the one with the avatar showing a lady standing beside a patrol car with a patrol cap on (something like that!) I loved your posts back then.

Dianne, you said: " First when you decide to take a settlement from W/c and are on SSDI or will be, they language of the w/c seettlemnt is set up that you receive the lump payment, but it is written in structured for purposes of not having a great if any influance on SSDI.

IF you were to receive a lump w/c and the language to protect you as structured was NOT in it...SSDI could avg it out over their projection and you could be without SSDI benefits until by their calculations you maxe dout your settlement. That could be YEARS!"

My question is, HOW is the LANGUAGE written? I mean, I have read and heard, like you have said, that if the lawyer doesn't make sure that the "language" is written into the settlement in such a way, then there WILL be a great diappointment when SSDI becomes involved. My lawyer MAY be looking out for his own pockets, just as you say---but then again he may not know what you know (since he doesn't do SSDI) and how to make sure it is WORDED correctly. What can I tell him? Is there a specific formula that I can copy to show him this?

Thanks for you time and thoughtfulness!

Wink
Wink is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote