View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 02:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy

((((((Bob)))))),

We all are praying for your family and for your son. All of us in the Child Neuro forum KNOW that prayer works and miracles happen. We've all seen it.

Your son is probably agitated when they try to reduce the sedation because that type of fracture is supposed to be very painful.

You've got to be taking care of yourself now so that you can be there for your son when he needs you. Make sure you get as much sleep as you can and eat properly. Stay away from the internet -- it'll just freak you out. Choose one of the doctors that you feel comfortable with and try to develop a "friendship" and a rapport so that he/she understands that you want to KNOW everything and LEARN everything and UNDERSTAND everything.

Try to get your hands on a copy of this book: "The Therapeutic Touch: How to Use Your Hands to Help or to Heal" by Dolores Krieger. I used it when my Mom was dying from colon cancer -- it relieved her pain incredibly. I've also used this technique on other family members. This book is truly amazing -- a gift from God.

Hang on tight to all of us, Bob, and BREATHE. There are people that have come back from severe injuries. And, there are also people that live incredible, fulfilling lives in spite of severe injuries.

Bless you all.

Barbara

Last edited by moose53; 09-05-2006 at 02:09 PM.
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote