Thread: Laptop help.
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 02:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Laptop help.

In the fall, I'm going to college for the first time and I'm looking into a laptop and a flash drive. I don't need anything super fancy. Just something for word processing for papers and things, email/web browsing, and instant messaging. The only thing I know I need is the thing that catches wireless internet. I'm not planning on buying a thing from verizon or sprint or anything. My school has free wireless internet so when I'm at school I won't need it, and if I'm home, I'll use my flash drive to transfer documents and print them out.

I need a suggestion for a BASIC laptop, to do the basic things I need to do. I also need to know what size flash drive I should get. I want to be able to hold multiple papers and power point projects on it.

I'm hoping to spend less than $900 on the both of them. I know you can get small space flash drives for like $10 at Staples but I have no idea how many papers and things 128mb holds, and I assume a 1 or 2 gig is better but I would want a good deal on it.

If any of you tech savvy people can give me some suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand."
—Randy Pausch

megveg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote