Thread: Laptop help.
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 02:07 PM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

go for 2 gigs for flash drives...you are wasting that $10.00 for 126mb

as far as laptop goes, it still goes back to what you want and what you can afford...

my personal favorites right now are the HP laptops...they are the ones I troubleshoot the least...which is dumb on my part for recommending them to my clients. LOL

go to the HP website. Their basic laptop is about $400.00 but sometimes are on sale for $300.00

steer away from all the upgrades except for MS OFFICE. Which you'll need WORD to do your college papers. That's about $130.00
That is if HP offers it cheap. If you find a cheaper version of MS OFFICE else where...get it from those places instead.

When you get them, let us know, one of these very fine folks can hook you up with anti-virus/anti-spy and few other fun stuff for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megveg View Post
In the fall, I'm going to college for the first time and I'm looking into a laptop and a flash drive. I don't need anything super fancy. Just something for word processing for papers and things, email/web browsing, and instant messaging. The only thing I know I need is the thing that catches wireless internet. I'm not planning on buying a thing from verizon or sprint or anything. My school has free wireless internet so when I'm at school I won't need it, and if I'm home, I'll use my flash drive to transfer documents and print them out.

I need a suggestion for a BASIC laptop, to do the basic things I need to do. I also need to know what size flash drive I should get. I want to be able to hold multiple papers and power point projects on it.

I'm hoping to spend less than $900 on the both of them. I know you can get small space flash drives for like $10 at Staples but I have no idea how many papers and things 128mb holds, and I assume a 1 or 2 gig is better but I would want a good deal on it.

If any of you tech savvy people can give me some suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by who moi; 07-28-2008 at 01:10 AM.
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
megveg (07-27-2008)