View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 02:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default the best part

The best part, for me at least, is that the name of this condition is so horrendous (everyone sums up their own visuals and definitions when they hear the name), yet apparently the condition itself is believed not terminal, serious, or even painful, but harmless!! What numnuck came up with this name, and how did it get approved? Perhaps as the decision-makers sat around in some medical university, designing curriculum and smoking cigars (or, perhaps, something else), they decided to throw in a little something to spice up the same-ole same-ole course choices...

So glad lots of folks are getting a chuckle out of this, it's absurd, the name. I love the post about the drug ad, I can really see that going somewhere, particularly as pharma advertisers are given such tremendous leeway as to when (all the time) and how often (ditto) they advertise. How about coming up with a little skit, and submitting it to Saturday Night Live or some similar show? With a 1-800 number at the end to call donations in for the MJFox Foundation!
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote