Thread: Laptop help.
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 03:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm looking at a Dell Inspiron from Best Buy that's on sale for $499.

The things I'm looking for are:
- Wifi built in reciever
- USB ports
-MS Word

The Dell has everything (except for maybe word? I don't know if it comes with it)

I found a 2 gig flash drive for $15 and a mouse for $17.

I have never ever used Vista and I'm afraid to. From everyone I know who's used it it's confusing. Does Word come with Vista? And what about power point? I've never used power point but everyone is telling me I need it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by who moi View Post
go for 2 gigs for flash drives...you are wasting that $10.00 for 126mb

as far as laptop goes, it still goes back to what you want and what you can afford...

my personal favorites right now are the HP laptops...they are the ones I troubleshoot the least...which is dumb on my part for recommending them to my clients. LOL

go to the HP website. They basic laptop is about $400.00 but sometimes are on sale for $300.00

steer away from all the upgrades except for MS OFFICE. Which you'll need WORD to do your college papers. That's about $130.00
That is if HP offers it cheap. If you find a cheaper version of MS OFFICE else where...get it from those places instead.

When you get them, let us know, one of these very fine folks can hook you up with anti-virus/anti-spy and few other fun stuff for free.

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand."
—Randy Pausch

megveg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote