View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 05:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Ali

Hi Ali!! I am so happy to hear that you are walking!!!!! You don't know how happy that makes me - you are in my prayers. All the hard work they put you through is paying off. I know it is painful, but it is painful without doing the exercises - so take the pain so that the pain eventually goes away. I wish you well and hope to hear more good news from you. Jesse is doing well. He had a little fatigue and weakness the other day, but I just game him a vitamin C, made him eat and go out and play - I now know that activity is the answer!!!

Keep in touch.
love,
terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali12 View Post
Hey everyone - I hope you're all having a low pain day!!
Just thought i'd give you a quick update on how the PT program is going. The PT is going ok but boy do they work you hard lol!!
The PT's focus a lot on strengthening my muscles - I have to wear 1-2lb weights on my legs and my arms. I am now managing to walk short distances for the first time in 12 months so I am really happy!! I still have really bad pain (the pain is about an 8 on the pain scale, although it will increase whilst doing PT or walking), hypersenstivity, dystonia, rsd, swelling, colour changes etc etc but i'm able to walk so i'm happier than I was!! I go home on Friday (yay!) but the PT's want me to come back for a further 2 weeks from the 8th September to try and focus more on the RSD, Dystonia and Hypermobility. Once I am back home I will have to go for weekly Physical Therapy at my local hospital and I will be given exercises to do daily to try and strengthen my muscles.
The PT's want me to go and see the Podiatrist tomorrow to see if they can suggest anything to stop my foot from bending out so much, I will also be going to see a Psychologist to talk through my pain and how I am coping etc.
I'll keep you all updated when i can
Take care
Alison
terry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (07-28-2008)