View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 03:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I have a question...perhaps old, perhaps weird

but a question nonetheless Know how we have that little section at the bottom of the board that tries to list other posts all around this site that may talk about what our current post is about? Well, I clicked on one by Trix from the TOS site, inquiring HERE about what she could do to prevent getting RSD from her TOS surgery (she's having both sides done at ONE TIME! Yikes!). And since my RSD got worse after having tos surgery on one side, it piqued my interest so I clicked on it. And someone (can't remember who...but I know SOMEONE DID) responded in part with this:

Quote:
"Move it or loose it" is a big thing with RSD. Muscles atrophy and joints "Freeze"...and things just can go all haywire if RSD parts are kept immobile for too long. If you DO have to do this, then try to move parts...gently and slowly asap once you are able to.
Which leads me to my question...

After my surgery (on right side) my right elbow was locked in place for some reason. It was locked in a bent positiion. like I was holding a pop in my hand. It would NOT move for ANYTHING. Initially it hurt, then it didn't hurt, but just WOULDN'T MOVE. Not a bit. PT had me carrying buckets with weights in them, applied heat, warm heat, tried manual manipulation,etc..NOTHING worked. Finally,very slowly over time, it is "almost" straight.

But do you think that was the rsd that made it not able to straighten? I mean, it was almost like my arm was in an 'invisible sling" for all that time, and it was really weird, cuz BEFORE surgery it wasn't like that...but once I woke up, BAM...it wouldn't budge.

How weird is that? ya think it ws the rsd???

Hugs
LisaM
LisaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote