View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 07:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Uncontrollable freezing in the heat

Last night while watching TV I noticed I was starting to feel cold and put some socks on. Within a half hour I put a blanket over me and still felt cold. Then the spasticity started in the neck, shoulders, outer arms, back. I sat there shivering when my husband had on shorts and no shirt. I told him to please go heat up the bathroom and turn the shower on hot. When the room was nearly 95 degrees I got in the shower and stood there for 20 minutes. The hotter the water the better.
Finally I got out and put on my heavy winter housecoat and went to bed. About 5 hours later I finally started getting hot from all the coverings.

I was sooooo cold that my muscles went into spasticity overtime. I took 2 baclofen (which I hate cause it makes me feel hungover the next day).

Today I was very tired.....fell asleep as a passenger in the car on our way to the inlaws house and slept 2 hours while I was there.
My muscles still feel stressed, but not as bad.

Anyone ever have something simular happen to them?

If you obsess about things that may happen and they don't come true...then you've wasted your time. If it does come true....then you've lived it twice.
karilann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote