View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 03:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking

Lisa & Mark,
I too am not concerned for how or even when I go off my pain meds. I am on MS Contin every 8 hrs with Oxycodone for break thru meds & also a smaller dose of more MS Contin if needed. The only people who make any stupid sounds or speak negatively are when I go to the window at the pharmacy I use & the helpers say something rude because of the doses I take. I ignore them cause they are usually quite young & are just plain ignorant. *LOL* They do need educated as to how NOT to react to any meds/dose people take though.

My doctor is a PM Doc & if/when the time comes for me to go off Opiates, well he will wean me slowly. Like Lisa I have never felt 'high' from taking them & I am on a rather high dose of MS Contin at this time. The only thing he wants me to try to wean off at this time, is either Neurontin or Lyrica. I have a tougher time with BTP during the hot months. Now that it is cooling off here in Northern California I am hoping I can reduce one or the other. I haven't had BTP too much lately. I would rather go off Lyrica. I gained 20 lbs in 6 weeks from the start of taking it. Thankfully I have stopped the rapid weight gain. Also Lyrica has made me so sleepy that I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat. My PM Doc has put me on Provigil to help me stay awake during the day. I don't take it every day though. If I didn't fall asleep so easily I would seriously consider trying to go back to work. I worked for over 6 months with MEGA pain & little to no pain contorl at all before going off work for foot surgery & then not being able to ever go back to work. But then every time I think, maybe I could try it, I end up with pain from H--L.

Well Look there???!!! *LOL* I went & went off with blabber fingers *LOL*

Anyway I guess I said what I wanted to say & then some HUH???? *ROFL*

Take care all,
DebbyV
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote