View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 06:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Ali, I am so happy u are pleased with your program I think you are being really brave. I am a little worried about your pain going to an 8 level after and during exercise. Its just different from what I have been advised, but Im not doing that great , so I am always open to new ideas. So God bless, I hope the breakthru pain decresases for you. Youre an inspiration! CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali12 View Post
Hi Frogga,
Thanks for the well wishes - I really appreciate them. I have just finished the 3 weeks stay in hospital but the physio's want me to go back into hospital for a further 2 weeks from the 8th September to focus more on the Dystonia and RSD. The physio's also said that it may be an idea for me to come back into hospital after Christmas if I am still having problems. The pain is still about an 8 and a half on the pain scale (though it increases when I do PT) but the Physio's said that it may take a while to go down, so I guess it's just a case of waiting and seeing.
I can walk short distances at the moment, about 200 yards at the moment. I tried walking with my mum to a small shopping centre that isn't too far away from the hospital on Tuesday but think I overdid it too much as the pain got worse and my leg started spasming. The physio's said that at the moment I should take things really steadily as my muscles get fatigued really easily. The Physio's had me walking without crutches as they said that it can take a lot of hard work to get off crutches once you are on them.
I have also being given some exercises to do that I need to do on a daily basis to try and build strength in my muscles and get rid of the RSD and hypersenstivity. I am also have weekly Physio at my local hospital.
Sue Maillard (the PT that runs the program) is also going to be discussing my case in an International Conference about chronic pain.
I hope you're ok.
Love
Alison
CZZ74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote