View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 03:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh, I like that food bank idea!

Our church took the 4th and 5th graders UNICEF trick or treating on Sunday afternoon. They said it's gone really well in the past few years they've done this. Samantha should have gone this year, but things have been too hectic with our housing situation.

We did regular trick or treating this year. When I was a kid, chocolate candy was a rare Halloween treat. Now everyone gives it. And since it's mostly milk chocolate and we're dairy-free, there was very little candy they could eat. (Very little for me to wonder if it was GF.) (Mr. Kay is quite pleased, though.) I had a little bit of candy at the hotel for them to trade with.

I kind of like the idea of reverse trick or treating at a retirement home, but I wonder about their dietary restrictions? And if you could convince them not to give you anything in exchange.
Mom to Samantha (10), Claire (9), and Tom (7). Tom is developmentally delayed with poor vision, lousy fine motor skills and epilepsy. His seizures are pretty well controlled through diet - dairy-free, gluten-free, rice-free, and coconut-free.
RathyKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote