View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Dorrie:

I have always watched Dr. Oz on Oprah. He once had a show ON POOP!!! Someone once asked him "how should your poop look?"

He said: "it should look like tubes (I call them pipes, same thing). He said "you should be able to just sit down and it all comes out of you with no straining". If you eat well, and drink lots of water, this should happen naturally".

Now people over a certain age, well they dont eat enough and they most certainly don't drink enough so they get constipated. And if they don't have enough fiber (they won't be able to get anything out. That's why I do the Benefiber thing. Literally made a huge difference in how I went to the bathroom.

I didn't take it for the past 4 days because of this fever thing. I have no idea why I didn't take it. I didn't eat any roughage, no fiber (I SHOULD have taken the benefiber), but I really didn't know if I had food poisoning, a virus or a bacterial thing in my gut.

And on July 24, I went enough (as I said) equal to my home state. I have NEVER gone to the bathroom like that in one day IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. And all solid, all pipes. So whatever was in me, decided to come out of me.

But it knocked the cr*p out of me (lol).

So there was only one day with 101.5. All the rest was normal or 99 and a half.

Last night I was cool to the touch, but I knew I had to go the bathroom. It was the 3rd day of no pooping (and very little food because I wanted to not overload my tummy).

So I took some magnesium citrate that they sell in the drug store as a laxative. It says to take 1/2 to the whole bottle. HAVE YOU EVER TASTED THIS STUFF??

Oh my god, it's awful. I just took 1 quarter of the bottle (not a lot). And drank water all night.

This morning, because I felt fine (lots of gas during the night). and no temp, I decided that because I had no food in the house, I got dressed up and went out to breakfast (not dunkin donuts), a little breakfast nook that just opened up.

I had a small cup of coffee and an egg on a toasted roll.

I bought some grilled chicken, and knew immediately that I had to get home.

I came home and WENT.

Boy, did I feel better.

Just took my temp again (It's 11 a.m.). NORMAL AS PIE.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed that this gut thing is on it's way out.

Thanks much.
Melody

P.S. Want to hear something interesting. I just found out that my 75 year old friend from around the corner (she's BIG!!), eats a gallon of ice cream every two days.

I looked at her and said "you mean a quart right??" and she (and her daughter was right there on the porch), and she said "no, I eat a gallon of ice cream". Her daughter said "she has very bad eating habits". I just said "YA THINK???"

We all laughed very hard, because she's not about to change her ways any time soon and she's going to be 76 and is as robust as any person I know.

You gotta love someone who eats a gallon of ice cream every 2 days.

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH ICE CREAM THAT IS???

Good god.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote