View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 03:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Copy from Child Neuro over on OBT:
Well... we had our DAN! doctor appointment, but the month has been a blur and I can't remember if that was actually at the beginning of October or the end of September? Anyway, blood, urine, stool, and hair samples have all been sent off for testing. We go back in mid-November to find out all the results and decide on our next steps.

The big event of the month was the failure of the washer to quit filling with water. As a result, the bedrooms and hallway have been emptied, carpet and padding removed, vinyl tiles (or whatever they were made of) removed, along with about 2 feet of wallboard along all the walls in the affected area. The area has been treated for asbestos and we are waiting to find out today if they got it all out. Then we have the joys of fixing it all again. Thankfully, we have insurance, but remodeling is not something I'm remotely interested in. And, we're all getting sick of living in a hotel while this gets taken care of.

Tom's big triennial review is coming up at the end of the month. I'm a little excited and scared, wondering what they'll say about him. Now's the time to find out how far my perception of him is from reality.

He had two strange "episodes" at school yesterday, that made the teachers think "seizure." But, he seemed fine afterwards, and if I didn't see it, it doesn't count, right? Anyway, there was no post-ictal type activity, he was fine trick-or-treating, and he stayed up to his normal bedtime, so maybe he was just a little off at school? I'm ignoring it for now.

The kids had a wonderful time trick-or-treating, even though we can't eat most of the candy. I remember as a kid when chocolate candy was the rare, wonderful treat. Now everyone passes it out. Most chocolate kid's candy today has dairy in it. 95% of what they got was chocolate. Very disappointing. I was hoping for more Skittles / Star Bursts / DumDum lollipops. Fortunately, I did have some candy to give them at home (hotel, whatever) in exchange for the "poison."

Guess that's it from my end. I'm very scatterbrained these days from all the house mess.
Mom to Samantha (10), Claire (9), and Tom (7). Tom is developmentally delayed with poor vision, lousy fine motor skills and epilepsy. His seizures are pretty well controlled through diet - dairy-free, gluten-free, rice-free, and coconut-free.
RathyKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote