View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Thumbs up L O L .........

Yes, great FOOD months. Actually starting with Halloween, n'est pas?

I had to work last night, and the night shift supervisor brought in a huge
tub of candy for all our techs. I got a few peanut butter things, myself.
Reese's has some things now I had never tried!

You know we do squash, and turkey parts, and various fall veggies a lot during the fall/winter season. Most stores have quality turkey parts all year round now.

I cook an efficient way, and have taught hubby to do this too(so he can have dinner ready for me if I am working) : I have an electric dutch oven that you can throw the turkey parts into, with seasoning, and potatoes/ squash, carrots, whatever, and cook all at once and in an hour it is done! I put some water in the bottom below the rack level, with garlic etc. It sort of steams in there, a couple of bastes and everything is just very easy and
tasty and low fat and .. and and... inexpensive. You name it. I do chicken and cornish hens, beef roasts this way too. It is a time saver, money saver and very healthy and all you are "out" is the expense of the cooker.

My grandmother gave me her old one when I got married... back in 1968..that is how long they have been around. It is the best thing I have ever used, and I turn others on to it all the time:
http://www.amazon.com/Nesco-American...UTF8&s=kitchen

So it is very nice Kimmy to meet another fall food fan! (FFF)

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote