View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 04:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Good grief!! I can't believe they diagnosed you with that, then never told you. But it does confirm something I've always felt, that you need your own doctor. A clinic type setting, or group of doctors just can't compare with having one doctor who is YOUR doctor. Even if you are sent to different specialties within the group, one particular doctor should be YOUR doctor, to keep track of all of the different results, explain it all to you and come up with a plan of treatment. A medical coordinator type thing!
Lizzie, in the records did it seem as if someone had actually diagnosed you with narcolepsy, or could it have been that some doctor suspected it, and the others just noted the word narcolepsy because it had already been noted down by a previous doctor? More like a billing thing than an actual diagnosis, I guess is what I mean.
It's a good thing this new guy is going to confirm the diagnosis. I usually complain about each doctor needing to rediagnose, but in this case it sounds like a very good thing. And how absolutely wonderful that you now have one doctor rather than a group, and that he is closer. You are probably MUCH better off with this new guy. At least he is communicating with you! Score one for our side!
Hugs,