View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 02:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown

Quote:
Originally Posted by momXseven View Post
I copied and pasted this......
A doctor makes the diagnosis of multiple chemical sensitivity based on the symptoms. The diagnosis is supported if the symptoms recur after repeated exposure to the chemical substance; recur after exposure to levels much lower than those that have been tolerated previously or that are commonly tolerated by others; subside when the person leaves the offending environment; and develop in response to a wide variety of unrelated chemical substances.

A blood test may be performed to measure red and white blood cell counts and antibody levels but is of no proven value and to rule out a true allergy.

My testing was done this way, I did some blood allergy testing because I asked for it to be done.
So don't worry about any needles, you don't have to do the blood work.

Also early in MCS you scent of smell is heighten, I was able to smell all kinds of things and others couldn't (my family though I was going crazy). I still go crazy over smelling things and one one else can smell it.

I don't know if this is the same as what your talking about but I have a feeling like I'm floating or that the bed is floating a lot when I lay down and close my eyes.

~~~~LOL, to show you how well I can smell things. My son put a empty bottle of mouth wash, no cap on the bottle (Tom's of Main Cinnamint) in a zip lock bag, sealed it and brought it into the office just now, and I could smell it before he even got all the way over to me.
WOW! If only I could smell like that. I generally tend to have a diminished sense of smell. The feeling of the bed moving was literally what it feels like when you are in bed and someone heavy gets in next to you- you know how the mattress moves. Anyway, that seems to have gone. The B12 methyl gave me a huge high the 1st day I took it. Then I crashed really hard. The next day (Fri) a huge high again and crashed at around 4pm (although I hadn't taken it again). My temperature Friday night was up to 99.5.Saturday I took it and felt really tired. Then yesterday I was in rehearsal and I was feeling fine and then all of a sudden I kind of palsied up. I don't know what else to call it. All of a sudden my knees would buckle with each step I took and I felt I had less and less control over all of my muscles including my tongue. I started to have a hard time pronouncing words and started having a hard time coming up with them. I had to stop. It lasted for about an hour. I could still read out loud but trying to express my own thoughts was impossible. It gradually went away. I am really tired today and kind of dizzy again. I've heard lots of people say you feel worse when the B12 starts to heal your nerves. Is this what they mean?
dizzie lizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote