View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 02:20 PM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart

Cheryl

I completely understand that physical fitness is a must. It wasn't a problem for my son because he's always been into physical fitness. However, he told me this kid didn't fall into the category because he WAS physically fit - just not according to that particular officer's liking. He didn't have a hard body like the weight-lifters did. My son said the kid tried very hard to stick to his diet and maintain his physical appearance, but his officer kept ridiculing him. Over time the kid finally gave up trying to exercise it off.

I don't have a weight problem, but I know PLENTY of people who do. It's not always a matter of discipline in losing weight - especially when people continue to insult your appearance. Like it or not, there are emotional issues as well when it comes to weight loss. It is extremely hard to lose weight and keep it off. Maybe the recruiters should have warned the kid ahead of time he needed to maintain the look of a bodybuilder in order to remain in the military and receive his benefits.

Then again, if physical fitness is such a must, why is the mass consumption of alcohol and cigarettes encouraged on the base?

I would volunteer if I could, but I'm permanently and terminally disabled and homebound - not to mention glued to my telephone until my son comes back from deployment overseas. When my son was born, my intention for him was to LIVE and succeed at life - not to kill or be killed. I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but I think I have a right to complain.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote