View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 04:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi all- glad to have stumbled across this site too - I'm a 25 y.o. male, docs think I have TOS - thankfully, only on the left side. Constant pain, numbness, tingliness, weakness, etc. I do get some, albeit brief, relief from the nerve blocks. I've been trying to think of how this all happened, and can only think that its another 6.5yr old injury (mar 2000) from weight lifting- My shoulders had rotated/drooped EXTREMELY far forward. I tore my labrum (left shoulder), which went undiagnosed for 5.5 years or so. I finally had that taken care of this past march. Lo and behold, 5 wks later, i noticed constant numbness and pain in my arm. Initially I wrote it off to the shoulder rehab/surgical nerve block, but it didn't go away . I also realized that I had some of the same pains 1yr ago, and I just attributed them to my other injury. Saw 2 neurologists, was referred to a pain management doctor (top-notch guy, in my humble opinon ). He thought it was brachio-plexopathy, continued to treat me, while referring me to a thoracic doctor, who said it sounded/looked like TOS, and then HE referred me to another neurosurgeon . My pain mgmt doc told me today that no one was to cut on me until i had a BARE MINIMUM of 2 opinons (exluding his) - that raised my respect for him. Thankfully I'm still able to work, but going to the doc/pt (and never after or before my long work hours) is getting tiresome. I know it could be worse. Sorry to ramble......