View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Kendra,

Everyone has some great insight and I just wanted to add to it.

I have an autoimmune conditions from hashimotos thyroiditis as well as some other metabolic conditions like insulsin resistance and glucose intoolerance.

I am glad you are testing negative for several things. ON the diabetes front please make sure that your doc has done atleast a 2 hour glucoe and insulin test. My sugar and insulin always looked good fasting but it took a year before anyone tested it for a longer length and it showed insulsin resistance and glucose intolerance that continuted to some of my initial neuropathy symptoms.

Also be sure that you have your B12 tested as well as your viatmin D. We have some great posts on both subjects if you do a search up top.

I was low on B12 and still am low on Vit D, bt working on it. Improving those also improved my symptoms.

And your low platlet count has made me think of another possibility which is low iron and ferritin. There is some evidence that depleted iron can be a risk factor for neuropathy.

I have been low on and off for six months due to heavy periods and when I supplement (prescription supplemeents) it does also help any neuropathy type symptoms that I have.

So take it for what you will.

Good luck.
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote