View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I'm in Omaha, Nebraska. (also known as the Flaming Surface of the Sun!!)

It's currently around 90 degrees right now. (depending on which news station you believe)

The state of Nebraska issued a high heat index warning. So, I guess if it's actually 90 degrees, then the heat index says that it "feels like..." 95 degrees.

Since it's the state that's saying it would be 105 degrees, I'm guessing that depends on where you are in Nebraska right now. I just checked all the news stations to see how hot it is (in actual temperature) and they all pretty much agree it's in the 89 degree to 92 degrees range. Their heat indexes are all saying it's just under 100 degrees in the "feels like..." temperatures.

Still, if it's over 90 degrees outside, there's no way I'm going outside unless I'm wearing a personal air conditioner suit and about 10 layers of sunscreen.

It's just waaaaay too hot for me.

I just closed off the a/c vents in my dad's office in the basement. Hoping that it'll help the upstairs to cool off if I get more air pressure going thru the duct work. My dad's office has no windows, and we keep the door open, so it should stay cool. (plus, it has a ceiling fan)

I have all the ceiling fans spinning upstairs...trying to keep the air moving. Also closed all the blinds on the side of the house the sun is on now. Made my mom mad that she cant just look out the window from the other side of the room, but why let all that hot sunlight into the room?

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote