View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Erin,

The main reason that doctors don't rx this is that they don't know anything about it. They are too lazy to do their own reading, or they would find out just how harmless this small dosage of drug (with an extremely long and safe history) is.

My doc made me do up a "risk assessment", which included documenting the dosage required, potential side-effects, an assessment of it against the NMSS "Danger Signals" and "Look before you Leap" considerations of CAMs, etc., before he would rx it. It took me 6 months of research and documenting (I was NOT well at the time) before I got it all together, but my rx was sitting at his reception 2 hrs after I dropped it at his office to read.

I will PM you what I wrote, although it may be SLIGHTLY outdated now. It has the links to the information that Sally is talking about too, so you will be very informed and prepared by the time you visit your doc. That is the key to getting the rx.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (07-28-2008)