View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Things to remember when considering Azilect

My words below are NOT meant to alarm, but to make sure that anyone considering this medication is aware of the conditions regarding this med...so that you can have an educated discussion with your doctor about the med.

Before considering taking Azilect, be sure to...review

1)"important safety information" (see URLs below) regarding banned foods..."Foods that are high in tyramine include aged cheeses, dried meats, sausage, hard meats, improperly stored meats, red wine, beer, herring, fava beans, yeast, sauerkraut, and soybean products such as soy sauce or tofu."

and

2) the fact that this is a MAO type B (MAO-B) inhibitor,

and

3) there are some medciations that you might already be taking that you will have to stop taking; e.g. certain anti-depressants.

and consider

4) purchasing a braclet (I wear a MedicAlert bracelet) that carries the "alert" that you are taking a MAO=B inhibitor for Parkinson's disease...as I would always recommend for any MAO inhibitor or medication that has interactions with other medications; e.g. anesthesia.

See:
http://www.azilect.com/comingsoon/
and
http://www.drugs.com/azilect.html

or another Internet reference about Azilect
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
toyL (09-26-2013)