Thread: My toes hurt
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 09:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Hi Leslie, you may like to talk to your doc about your dosage of amitriptlyne & are you taking the Tramadol SR [Slow Release] ? in my case i found the Tramadol SR much better than the other short acting one, the Slow Release Tramadol seem to give me more constant relief, one tab of the SR works for 12 hours and taking 2 a day covered it well, for me anyway.
I couldn't tolerate Neurotin, but i took 150 mg amitriptyne at night and sometimes 25 mg in the morning helped when it was bad, i think the max dose of Tramadol SR is 200 mg x twice a day, but my neuro had me on 300 mg x twice a day for a long time until i was able to reduce it, best shot is talk to your doc about it.
good luck
Brian

Thanks, I'll be sure to call the neuro doc tomorrow. I don't think that I am on the SR Tramadol as I get a bit of relief about 30 minutes after I take it but this relief doesn't last to long (an hour or so). My prescription for Tramadol is 1-2 pills every 8 hrs as needed...doesn't last 8 hrs.

I take one pill of amitriptylene at bedtime so maybe the doc needs to allow me to bump that up...

I noticed on the posts on this site regarding handling the pain at night and being able to sleep....that no one mentions taking Ambien Cr. My GP gave me a prescription for 3 weeks worth but I have not taken it yet as I have not been able to speak with my neuro...any thoughts on that. I know it is habit forming...
Leslie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote